Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Questionnaire

I get cute little "all about me's" in my email sometimes, but I liked this one on Lisa's blog...it was all about Christmas.....and I love Christmas and tradition.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate.....actually coffee with Bailey's...

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Don't have kids at home anymore, but I did not wrap. Only wrapped what was from Mom and Dad. Santa don't have time to wrap. Plus the paper would get torn in his bag.

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white? Clear lights on tree and house

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Can't give Bear any more excuses to start something...LOL

5. When do you put your decorations up? Right after Thanksgiving - tree and all

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham.....oh I love ham.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Waking up Christmas morning, and getting new animals. My dad broke horses and someone was always giving him another animal. He just saved them for me on Christmas morning and they were always my favorite gifts.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What???? there is no Santa?
I guess I was about 10 or so, school kids told me. I did not believe them for a while.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The girls always talked us into it, but I just let them open one. I wait until Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Western, cowboy stuff, horses, barbed wire, small red bows. This is my first year to not use the ornaments the girls made when they were little. I think next year I will get a small tree and decorate that with those.

11. Snow, love it or dread it? Well, I guess I love it. I see it about every 2 years or so. I live in Alabama - the South......we just do not get much snow. But I do love it when it comes, cause it does not stay long.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, a little bit. I could roller skate much better, probably would bust my arse now doing either one.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child, would have to be a horse. As an adult, would have to be a horse.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with family.

15. Favorite holiday dessert? My mom makes a pineapple / cherry dump cake.

16. Favorite holiday tradition? Bear and I relaxing on Christmas day after everyone has gone home......I think we are leaving for a trail ride this year.

17. What tops your Christmas tree? A star

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Receiving......LOL .....just kidding. I love to pick a gift just for that person and watching and hoping they love it....

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Singing - Santa Claus is coming to town......Listening - Silent Night.

20. Candy Canes - Yum or Yuck? I love peppermint. So I love them

21. What do you want for Christmas? Got it already - New fridge and dishwasher....
OK - well there is other things I want.....new show hat, new show saddle, basically anything for my horse and me.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas Party? Bear and I have one with another couple friends of ours who are trainers. We have it for our clients and friends....it is this Saturday and we have a blast.....

23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear jammies? I wear jeans and a t-shirt to my in-laws .....everyone else dresses up...(told you guys I hate dressing up)....then I wear jammies when I get home.

24. Do you own a Santa hat? NO......My hair is too big for a hat....plus I would get hat head.

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? My parents and my family come over about a weekend before and we have Christmas then. Christmas Eve at Bear's parents. Then the girls come on Christmas morning, then they leave and go to their dads....And Bear and I have our time.

26. What are your least favorite things about Christmas? Cleaning house before and after company.....shopping.


Come on and join in on the fun.....and let me know if you posted it on your blog.

Will share next week some pictures from the Christmas party this weekend.

I am still on house / horse sitting duty at my friends. Will be done tomorrow. Whew ! It has about kicked my butt. I have been up at 5:00am, feeding chickens, cows, 17 pasture horses and 2 studs in stalls. Then went to work, came back in the dark, fed 17 pasture horses, and 2 studs in stalls, cleaned stalls. And most of this time, I have had to carry water, because the water has been cut off so it would not freeze. Just to the 2 studs....pasture horses had huge tanks, already filled.
But I have had fun.......My friend Janet...who I am horse sitting for.....has a great BIG jacuzzi tub and I have been spending a lot of time in there !!!!! Teehee !!!

Have a wonderful weekend
Happy Trails
Jamie

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

This was great, Jamie, geting to know more about you during Christmas :)

I think it's cool that your favorite gifts are horses. Lucky you! Well I did end up with 'horse-power' on year, right? lol!

Your Mom's pineapple/cherry dump cake sounds so yummy!
And how fun for you and Bear going on a trail ride right after Christmas! Now that's the way to end the year...and start up a new one, too!

Enjoy that wonderful jacuzzi!

~Lisa
New Mexico