Well here I am back, stuffed like a turkey and tired.....
Had a great vacation riding horses, watching football and eating.
We cooked on Thursday, fried 2 turkeys, had dressing, every kind of casserole you can think of, and pies, cakes, fudge, and some awesome banana nut bread.
We were all stuffed, stuffed, stuffed. It is a wonder we were able to get on the horses on Friday.
We set up 4 tents and actually even made a little movie theatre, or really a place to watch Alabama and Auburn (our state rivals) play each other. We did that on Saturday. And my team (Auburn) did not win.....boo-hoo !! That is okay I guess, we have won the past 6 years, and Alabama has been undefeated this year....so I will survive. This is the only game I watch - I am not really a big football fan.
I only fell off my horse once......LOL......I say this because I do usually have a tumble every trail ride....I mean the name of this blog is "Seatbelt for my Saddle"......
Sometimes I just have a tumble and I did, but no big deal - not hurt at all.
Rio was going up a pretty steep hill, and got her foot in a small culvert, and stumbled, and I just rolled off, so she could get up.
Here is our movie theatre below.....
Pretty cool....huh? We even had rope lights all around the inside...
This is also where we ate and cooked. It rained a little on Friday and Saturday night, which made the riding a little muddy on Saturday, and we ended up just packing up and coming on home on Sunday morning, instead of riding before we left.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. I sure did !!!
Now it is shop mode........I have not even put my tree up, or bought one gift. Gotta get my butt in gear !!!
I was tagged with a meme by Callie at MidWestHorse to tell 6 things about me that none of you know. I have done this recently, but surely I did not tell all....LOL
So going to try again.
1. I, too, had a child with natural childbirth. My oldest daugher was 7lbs, 6oz, and 19 inches long, and I had a 27 hour labor with nothing for pain. They even did an episiotomy during a contraction.....OUCH !!! It was worth it when it was over and I had that gorgeous baby girl.....and can you believe I got prego 6 months later....obviously I did have pain meds that next time....
2. I love lobster. It is my favorite food. I do not get to eat it much, cause down here in the South....it is expensive.
3. I have anxiety sometimes while riding. I have had a couple of very bad accidents, even one where I lost 6 months of memory. So, sometimes (not everytime) when I ride - I get so crazy that I cry and absolutely freak out......BUT - I never quit.....just usually drink a beer and try to get over it quickly. My riding buddy's understand and really help me through this. I love my horses and will never quit riding.
4. I want to go to another country and do some kind of volunteer work. It is a calling I have had for a very long time and hope to do it someday.
5. I hate to dress up. I would rather wear jeans, t-shirts and boots every day of my life. I have been this way since I was a small child. (Ask my mom). When I was in school, I had to wear a uniform and I HATED it...... I just do not think I look good all dressed up - it is not me !! Luckily I can wear jeans, and nice shirt and my boots to work almost every day.
6. I do my Christmas shopping in less than 2 days. I hate to shop - I mean it - I really hate to shop (another one to ask my mom - because she is a shop-a-holic - maybe that is why). I wait until about a week before Christmas and go in one maybe two (but no more than that) and get all my shopping done. It might take me all day, but I get it done - I hate to shop !!!! Don't get me wrong, I love to give the gifts and really try to buy the right one for the right person, but I just hate the hustle and bustle of the shopping thing, especially at Christmas.
See I knew I could tell you guys some more things about myself that you did not know and I am sure I have more in there to dig up....
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
I now tag:
Pony Girl Rides Again
The Horseshoeing Housewife
Trail Riding Cowgirl
Laughing Orca Ranch
I love you guys !!!!!