Thursday, December 11, 2008
This year we had a horse show again, and raised her a good bit, but also - us, girls got together and put together a cute little cookbook.
Thought I would put it on my blog, and if you are so inclined, click the link below and you can order one for yourself or a gift for someone.
Here is the link: Cookbook order
Just wanted to say thanks, and feel free to pass it on.
BTW: I have a couple of recipes in here......one is mine, but the others I stole from friends and put my name on it........baaahhaaaaa !!! Just kidding, it says "Jamie and Friends"
Thanks for letting me share
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate.....actually coffee with Bailey's...
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Don't have kids at home anymore, but I did not wrap. Only wrapped what was from Mom and Dad. Santa don't have time to wrap. Plus the paper would get torn in his bag.
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white? Clear lights on tree and house
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Can't give Bear any more excuses to start something...LOL
5. When do you put your decorations up? Right after Thanksgiving - tree and all
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham.....oh I love ham.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Waking up Christmas morning, and getting new animals. My dad broke horses and someone was always giving him another animal. He just saved them for me on Christmas morning and they were always my favorite gifts.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What???? there is no Santa?
I guess I was about 10 or so, school kids told me. I did not believe them for a while.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The girls always talked us into it, but I just let them open one. I wait until Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Western, cowboy stuff, horses, barbed wire, small red bows. This is my first year to not use the ornaments the girls made when they were little. I think next year I will get a small tree and decorate that with those.
11. Snow, love it or dread it? Well, I guess I love it. I see it about every 2 years or so. I live in Alabama - the South......we just do not get much snow. But I do love it when it comes, cause it does not stay long.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, a little bit. I could roller skate much better, probably would bust my arse now doing either one.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child, would have to be a horse. As an adult, would have to be a horse.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with family.
15. Favorite holiday dessert? My mom makes a pineapple / cherry dump cake.
16. Favorite holiday tradition? Bear and I relaxing on Christmas day after everyone has gone home......I think we are leaving for a trail ride this year.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? A star
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Receiving......LOL .....just kidding. I love to pick a gift just for that person and watching and hoping they love it....
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Singing - Santa Claus is coming to town......Listening - Silent Night.
20. Candy Canes - Yum or Yuck? I love peppermint. So I love them
21. What do you want for Christmas? Got it already - New fridge and dishwasher....
OK - well there is other things I want.....new show hat, new show saddle, basically anything for my horse and me.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas Party? Bear and I have one with another couple friends of ours who are trainers. We have it for our clients and friends....it is this Saturday and we have a blast.....
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear jammies? I wear jeans and a t-shirt to my in-laws .....everyone else dresses up...(told you guys I hate dressing up)....then I wear jammies when I get home.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? NO......My hair is too big for a hat....plus I would get hat head.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? My parents and my family come over about a weekend before and we have Christmas then. Christmas Eve at Bear's parents. Then the girls come on Christmas morning, then they leave and go to their dads....And Bear and I have our time.
26. What are your least favorite things about Christmas? Cleaning house before and after company.....shopping.
Come on and join in on the fun.....and let me know if you posted it on your blog.
Will share next week some pictures from the Christmas party this weekend.
I am still on house / horse sitting duty at my friends. Will be done tomorrow. Whew ! It has about kicked my butt. I have been up at 5:00am, feeding chickens, cows, 17 pasture horses and 2 studs in stalls. Then went to work, came back in the dark, fed 17 pasture horses, and 2 studs in stalls, cleaned stalls. And most of this time, I have had to carry water, because the water has been cut off so it would not freeze. Just to the 2 studs....pasture horses had huge tanks, already filled.
But I have had fun.......My friend Janet...who I am horse sitting for.....has a great BIG jacuzzi tub and I have been spending a lot of time in there !!!!! Teehee !!!
Have a wonderful weekend
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
Had a great vacation riding horses, watching football and eating.
We cooked on Thursday, fried 2 turkeys, had dressing, every kind of casserole you can think of, and pies, cakes, fudge, and some awesome banana nut bread.
We were all stuffed, stuffed, stuffed. It is a wonder we were able to get on the horses on Friday.
We set up 4 tents and actually even made a little movie theatre, or really a place to watch Alabama and Auburn (our state rivals) play each other. We did that on Saturday. And my team (Auburn) did not win.....boo-hoo !! That is okay I guess, we have won the past 6 years, and Alabama has been undefeated this year....so I will survive. This is the only game I watch - I am not really a big football fan.
I only fell off my horse once......LOL......I say this because I do usually have a tumble every trail ride....I mean the name of this blog is "Seatbelt for my Saddle"......
Sometimes I just have a tumble and I did, but no big deal - not hurt at all.
Rio was going up a pretty steep hill, and got her foot in a small culvert, and stumbled, and I just rolled off, so she could get up.
Here is our movie theatre below.....
Pretty cool....huh? We even had rope lights all around the inside...
This is also where we ate and cooked. It rained a little on Friday and Saturday night, which made the riding a little muddy on Saturday, and we ended up just packing up and coming on home on Sunday morning, instead of riding before we left.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. I sure did !!!
Now it is shop mode........I have not even put my tree up, or bought one gift. Gotta get my butt in gear !!!
I was tagged with a meme by Callie at MidWestHorse to tell 6 things about me that none of you know. I have done this recently, but surely I did not tell all....LOL
So going to try again.
1. I, too, had a child with natural childbirth. My oldest daugher was 7lbs, 6oz, and 19 inches long, and I had a 27 hour labor with nothing for pain. They even did an episiotomy during a contraction.....OUCH !!! It was worth it when it was over and I had that gorgeous baby girl.....and can you believe I got prego 6 months later....obviously I did have pain meds that next time....
2. I love lobster. It is my favorite food. I do not get to eat it much, cause down here in the South....it is expensive.
3. I have anxiety sometimes while riding. I have had a couple of very bad accidents, even one where I lost 6 months of memory. So, sometimes (not everytime) when I ride - I get so crazy that I cry and absolutely freak out......BUT - I never quit.....just usually drink a beer and try to get over it quickly. My riding buddy's understand and really help me through this. I love my horses and will never quit riding.
4. I want to go to another country and do some kind of volunteer work. It is a calling I have had for a very long time and hope to do it someday.
5. I hate to dress up. I would rather wear jeans, t-shirts and boots every day of my life. I have been this way since I was a small child. (Ask my mom). When I was in school, I had to wear a uniform and I HATED it...... I just do not think I look good all dressed up - it is not me !! Luckily I can wear jeans, and nice shirt and my boots to work almost every day.
6. I do my Christmas shopping in less than 2 days. I hate to shop - I mean it - I really hate to shop (another one to ask my mom - because she is a shop-a-holic - maybe that is why). I wait until about a week before Christmas and go in one maybe two (but no more than that) and get all my shopping done. It might take me all day, but I get it done - I hate to shop !!!! Don't get me wrong, I love to give the gifts and really try to buy the right one for the right person, but I just hate the hustle and bustle of the shopping thing, especially at Christmas.
See I knew I could tell you guys some more things about myself that you did not know and I am sure I have more in there to dig up....
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
I now tag:
Pony Girl Rides Again
The Horseshoeing Housewife
Trail Riding Cowgirl
Laughing Orca Ranch
I love you guys !!!!!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
This is a place for hikers to stay during the night, so the bears (yes I said bears) will not get them. There is a place for you to hang your food up really high on a highwire also.
There are signs everywhere up here that tell you that there is active bear activity, and not to approach them. Not sure if the horses understand that -
Have you ever been on a horse that even smells a bear????
They start snorting and dancing around.....even sometimes start to bolt.....just say - they FREAK out !!!
The bears up in TN are pretty much protected, so they really do not fear humans, and they pretty much stay hidden.
Although in Cades Cove (where they have a drive around road to look at the animals), they just walk around - through cars and such. I have some pictures of our honeymoon where my Bear is about 4 feet from a real Bear.....oh scary !!!!
Gorgeous shot of the mountain we were riding on.
I love this picture of Chance and Bear....
Creek running beside the trail.
Gorgeous waterfall we went by on the trail. There are lots of these, especially after the snowfall. The melted snow has to have somewhere to go.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Had a wonderful trip, and will be posting more photos as soon as my friend Kat, gets me the disc of everyone pics.....those have more of me....LOL
This is on top of one of the mountains at Spence Field which is a gorgeous place. Just a few of us, when I get all the pics there is one of all of us that a hiker took.
Hope to get them this week. Here is Bear and I near the trail head coming out of Cades Cove (we have to walk through the picnic area off our horses and then mount when we get to the trail head). Some people acted like they had never seen a horse before - and some did not care if they ran over us with their car.
But after we got on the trail, it was worth it.
Rio did exceptionally well for her first LONG ride. We rode about 7 hours on Saturday at Tremont - or Smokey Mountain Institute which is a gorgeous ride. Have some great pics of the water coming off the mountain that I will share later...(come on Kat - need those photo !!)
Then Sunday we rode in Cades Cove and rode about 6-7 hours
I believe we rode a total of 16 miles on Saturday and about 15 or so on Sunday. It rained on Friday so we did not get to ride.
Here is Sugar at about 3 months old
She is now covered in them all over her underside and even on her topside a little too. However, they are only on her skin.....not on her fur.
We did not have her ears clipped, she does have a docked tail, as they did that when she was first born....(oh I don't want to think about that).
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
As for passing it along....my oh my....everyone has already done this.....who do I pick?
Maybe I can just pick 3 that have already been picked, but I can just say something nice about them.....
1. Mrs. Mom at Oh Horse Feathers - You have to know how much it means to me to know that I am always in your prayers.....you always seem to come by just when I need to hear from you. How do you do that? I so enjoy your posts about the hoof......cause you know I like to act like I know what I am talking about at the dinner table with Bear...Mr. Farrier !! Thanks and hugs to you.
2. Train Wreck at Cowboys and Sunsets - I love your photos and drawings and such, and especially love the one I own. You are the cutest thing, and am so proud that you found your cowboy - who is a mighty fine one I might add. I just love coming by to visit you. You also know when to come by and brighten my day. Hugs to you as well.
3. Lisa at Laughing Orca Ranch - You crack me up - you have the wildest posts sometimes.....From humping roosters to Poop talk....I love it and love you too. Thanks for being my bloggy friend. I love you painted girl she is sooooo pretty - reminds me of my most favorite horse Dixie....who I only sold because I went gaited. Hugs to you too girl !
I cannot forget my tagger.....Trail Riding Cowgirl at All Things Horse - I know I only had three to tag and am not tagging you back....just saying thanks for always coming by and saying nice things. I will continue to wish we could meet up and ride together - maybe after you move !! Thanks and hugs to you too.
Getting back to work, so I can finish up - can you imagine how much work I will have when I get back from 3 days off......eeeekkkkk!!! Not going to think about that until Monday night right before I go to sleep - or heck maybe not until Tues morning on the ride in...
Happy Trails - Love you all !!
Monday, October 20, 2008
We go to Tennessee - around the Townsend area every year. We usually stay 4-5 days and ride every day abotut 7-8 hours a day, and have a great time.
We are leaving on Thurs and will be back on Monday, and there are 12 of us going.
We stay at a great place, with a giant lodge with 2 hot-tubs....oh la la !! (Although I am white as a ghost and putting on my winter chunk already), but who cares - right ?
These are a couple of pictures I have taken over the years of us going up there.
This is what I will be doing a lot of -"taking pictures"......this creek bed is usually flowing, but this was during the big drought last year.....so all dried up. Thankfully we thought ahead and took water for the horses.
Look at the cabin and horses below......man we are up high.
I know we going to one place that is one of the highest places along the Appalachian trail. My ears are already popping.... Everyone have a great week and weekend, and hopefully I will have lots of pictures to share when I get back.
This will be Rio's first trip to the Smokey's.....and hopefully the first of many !!!!
Happy Tennessee Trails
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
I have to say the show was a great success. I got 2-1st places, 1-2nd place and overall points for gaited classes.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
She is like her mommy !! Loves the beer !!
Just a preview of the trail ride. Thought I was going to have time today to give ya details, but work is CRAZY!!!!!
More to come - I promise
Horse show is Saturday, so I will catch everyone up on Monday
Pray for me - pterydactyls are not so bad this time....maybe since I rode Rio pretty much all weekend.....that is her in the pics with me.
Also - sold Jag....he goes to his new home on Sunday.
More to come
Love you all