Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Where to start.....ok - let’s start with my award......or should I say now AWARDS !! Woo-Hoo !!
To my surprise - checked on Monday and had received an Arte y Pico Award from TrainWreck over at http://www.cowboysandsunsets.com/. I cannot believe I actually got an award......I am so new at this and still trying to figure things out - like adding pictures, etc. Not to mention I don’t think I am very interesting, even though I do have a crazy, busy life and sometimes funny things to happen to me.....(stay tuned). Anywhoo - THANKS TrainWreck - you are a "Gem" and I love reading your blog, looking and your pictures - especially the one I have at my house !!!!! You are truly a great BBF to me !! (By the way - I love the BBF - and have been using it alot - hope you don’t care)

Here is my award from TrainWreck - my giveaways are below


Then this morning, another shocker !!! I got another award.....this time from Twinville from http://laughingorcaranch.blogspot.com/. It is an Awesome Site Award......(Man, do I have a lot to live up to now).

I have just found her and started reading her blog......(actually she found me.....so then I went over and spent about half a day catching up on her blog - and I love it). A HUGE THANKS to you to girl, my new BBF !!!!

Here is my award from Twinville:


So now I have to give away some Arte y Pico Awards.....that will not be hard to do ......I have so many that I love to read. So here goes:

1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you think deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.4. The award-winner and the one who has given the prize must show the link of the "Arte y Pico" blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award. http://arteypico.blogspot.com/

One of my first blogs to start reading is also a friend of mine who I met on AL/GA Horse Lovers site (http://groups.msn.com/AlabamaandGeorgiaHorseLovers/), we have gotten to be friends via the web and email. The most exciting part of knowing Tonya is that I got to be a part of her having a new baby this year. She kept me posted on finding out, going through the pregnancy and even sent me an email from the hospital along with pictures and all. Baby Bird is adorable and every time I get new pictures, everyone in my office has to come see her. She is adorable. Tonya’s first husband and father of 2 of her girls passed away, and she remarried a wonderful man who has stepped up to the plate (Big Time), has become a terrific father to her girls and even enjoys the horses and her daughters barrel racing. Tonya also inspires me to be a better Christian, she is very devoted to her faith and always knows the right things to say to me when I am down. I have shared personal stuff with her and she always helps me get through it. Tonya you are the best........http://www.thereisaseason.net/
Second will have to be Trail Riding Cowgirl at http://trailridingcowgirl.blogspot.com/ I have been reading her blog for a while, but we have just now started corresponding. I realized she was going on a trail ride not too far from me, and realize it was a possibility to us to hook up sometimes and meet. She has a horse named Harley who is gorgeous and I love reading about him and what great progress he has made.....or she has made with him. Love ya girl and we need to plan that ride to Buffalo River next year.....
Third ........will have to be Mrs Mom at http://ohhorsefeathers.blogspot.com/ . I love, love, love to read her blog......her rants, her flip outs on crazy people who put their children on crazy horses....LOL......but we have lots in common.....although we are not barefoot trimmers, my hubby Bear is a farrier.....now I love that she does not "Dog" us.....LOL....and I think she knows that Bear loves the idea of keeping a horse barefooted and sound and he tries to do this as much as possible.....while still keeping our clients happy. Thanks Mrs Mom for always giving me great comments and cheering me on.....(BTW....keep her on your good side.....She carries !!)
Fourth will have to be Jen at http://brightlondonsky.blogspot.com/ ......Now I am very interested in reading horsey blogs, but Jen is freaking hilarious. She brightens my day with her funny take on things.......she will just post a work conversation and I almost pee in my pants......I followed her this year with the passing of her father (Bless her heart - I cried with her, even though she does not know it).....and the reunion of her 1st love......they are moving along quite well, and I enjoy reading the joy in her posts of them reuniting. Great job keeping me in stitches Jen.
Last, but certainly not least....is Tanis at http://theredneckmommy.com/ .....Now I think I found this blog through TrainWreck and she is really really popular, so hope she appreciates this award from me. She may not even be able to read all of her comments (she gets so many), and realize I sent it to her......But if nothing else, I can share her link with you.....She is soooooooo funny - this girl will make you shoot whatever you are drinking out of your nose.....(so make she not to take a swallow before you read). She is so graphic with her writing, that you almost feel you are watching her on a movie or something. I really really enjoy her blog as well.
Ok - now with all of that done.....I now remember I have been tagged by Twinville at http://laughingorcaranch.blogspot.com/ ....to spill the beans.....or to share 6 things you guys do not know about me......Ok - here goes.....(not in any particular order or importance).
#1.....I have 3 dads....or at least I had 3 dads.....2 living. My biological dad died when I was 3. He was shot, and the man who shot him is still in prison....and I hope he stays there. My mom was very young - probably 21, and met Dad #2, shortly there after and married him. He adopted me shortly there after and that is where I learned what I know about horses. He raised and broke horses and his entire family was involved one way or another with horses......breaking, showing, raising, etc.....So that is where I learned to love "The Horse".....after 12 years of marriage my "parents" divorced, and 4 years later my mom met my Dad #3....who is still my dad today. I was fifteen or so when they married and bless his heart - he had to put up with a crazy teenager. He had not kids of his own, so about 2 years later they had a little girl. My sister and I are 17 years apart. I do not have much to do with Dad #2, as he has been married about 4 times since then, and has oogles of step-sons, and step-daughters and now is living with my best friend from high school...That is right my 65 year old dad is with my 42 year old friend......and that is just weird to me. Anyway they have their own little crazy life, and some of the things they do I don’t approve of or want around me or my family, so I am just proud that I have Dad #3.
#2. My sister that I was speaking about above has Prater-Willie Syndrome. It is a genetic disorder, which causes obesity and borderline mental problems. She is 25 years old and has been in and out of the hospital her entire life. She has diabetes, congestive heart failure, she is very obese, and has lots and lots of problems. My poor mother has her hands full and I respect her more than any other person on this planet. She has spent thousands and thousands of dollars trying to help her. She will never be able to live on her own. There is no cure.
#3. I have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. I take Embrel shots twice a week, and my doctor says I could go on disability if I wanted to. I said "NO!". He also has told me to be as active as I can, and keep riding horses as long as I can. It keeps me going. My doctors wife has Lupus which is similar (T-1 illness) and she is a hunter-jumper. He says if it were not for her horses she would go insane.
#4. I have been married twice. I was married to my girl’s father for 12 years. Got married at 18.....I was pregnant. Had Jess - my oldest the month before I turned 19, and had Haleigh 15 months later. (I finally realized what caused it..LOL) After 12 years, my husband decided he wanted to be single and party all the time, which you cannot do with 2 small girls. So we parted ways. It killed my girls.....he was a great father and after the split he hardly ever saw them. I met Bear, and we fell in love, and have been married for almost 11 years now. We tried to have kids (I had a tubal-reversal), but it never happened. Bear is looking forward to grandkids. He did not have any of his own before - (Oh - he was married for a couple of years to a girl that he had been dating since they were 15 years old.....it was hard on him)....but then I came along and SAVED HIM......tee-hee !
OK......let’s get to some happier stuff.......
#5. I love beer !!! I love beer !!!! I know - most people say.....oh gross....I hate the taste of beer. Well not me !! I love it - would rather drink it than coke, tea, or anything. I am not an alcoholic....I promise. But it does drive Bear crazy. He is not a beer drinker - now he does love him some Crown....
#6. I hate to clean house !!!! I hate to wash clothes !! I hate to cook !!! I should have been a man !! Really, really I do hate housework - of course I do not know many women who like housework. Bear is a clean freak, and he has really had to adjust to me. Now I am not a slob or nasty. I clean when it needs to be cleaned - I am just not OCD. I hate to make up the bed every morning......why do this? I will be back soon to get back in it. I hate to dust.....it makes me sneeze, and when I sneeze - I pee in my pants. I need a bladder tack. I need a maid.
Well that is about it.....This is the longest post ever !!
Gonna go ahead and get this one done and hopefully later today I can get the horse show pictures on, and tell you all about my day.
Do just want to say - I am really trying to get better at this, and thanks to everyone for the support I have gotten so far.
Also I need to figure out how to post just the name of the blog and it link to it instead of having the entire link......help someone !!
Crap and now having trouble getting my paragraphs to separate.....I guess #7 should be I am very new at this......oh you all already know that !!!
Whew!!
Jamie

5 comments:

Redneck Mommy said...

I'm not all that popular that I can't appreciate a little bloggy bling.

Thank you so much for thinking of me and my blog. I really appreciate it. And thanks for all the great new links to sites I haven't read.

I love finding good reads.

(Saves me from having to do the laundry.)

Jen said...

Hey! Wow, thank you - I am so flattered! I love horses myself and grew up riding - I'm glad you think I'm funny, sometimes I think there is a VERY select few! I'm going to spend some time checking out your site and your suggested reading as well...I love discovering new blogs! My first award! Many thanks, Jamie and thanks for reading!

Tonya said...

Thanks for my award and for the reasons you cited. Sometimes I don't feel that firmly planted, but I try....really hard. ;-)
But the things you said mean a lot!
Thanks!!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Golly, girl! You had me giggling so hard when you got the anti-cleaning part of your 'get-to-know-you' write up. Peeing when you sneeze. Now that sounds like an excellent excuse to get out of housework. What man would want his wife to have pee soaked panties?
"Ooops, I can't lift that laundry basket, I might pee", 'oh, no I can't keep bending down to load the dishwasher, I might pee", "Oh yes, dust and soap scum will make me pee for sure!" BWAHAHA!

Love this!

And I like beer, too. I go for dark beers like Porter, though. But I do have a weakness for coke, since I can't drink coffee, I've got to get my caffeine somehow! hehe

What a tough life for your Mom with 3 different husbands and marriages and then a disabled daughter. I bet you're a huge help to your Mom, though.
That's just too weird about your best friend living with Dad #2. Eeeww!

Sounds like you hit the jackpot with your own hubby #2. Is Bear his given name or a nickname?

Thanks for sharing. I learned some interesting new things about you.

Jamie said...

Twinville
I do pee when I sneeze, and cough, and sometimes when I poot real hard...LOLOLOLOLOL I said I need a bladder tack. After 27 hours of natural childbirth with #1 girl, that is what you get !!! LOL

Yeah - coke is my weakness too - I mean they won't allow me to drink beer at work.....losers !!!

I wish I could help my mom more, we live about 1.5 hours from each other, but I go and stay with my sister and my 90 year old grandmother who lives with them also, so my parents can have a break every once in a while. Planning a trip with my mom, sister, and 90 year old grandmother to Gatlinburg, Tennessee in Novemeber to help out and just enjoy and spend some time with them.

Yeah = Dad #2 .....GROSS.....I mean both me and my dad have seen her naked.....yuk!!!!!!

Bear is Barry.....my girls who were 9 and 10 when we married have always called him that....my youngest who is married now says her babies will call him PaPa Bear...I think it is cute...he likes it too.

Thanks for letting me share....probably more information than really anyone wanted to know...tee/hee !!